Position: WordPress Designer
Location: Phoenix, AZ (Work From Home)
Skyhook Interactive is one of Arizona’s leading boutique website development firms, and was recently named one of the Top 50 “Best Places To Work” by the Phoenix Business Journal. We’re looking for a full-time, work-from-home WordPress Designer to join our growing team.
What others have loved about this job:
- Team. You will LOVE your co-workers! Skyhook works hard to recruit & retain team members who are humble, hungry and smart, and to maintain an environment that is positive and fun. This team will bring out the best in you.
- Variety. You’ll be involved in working on dozens of websites each year, giving you remarkable exposure to lots of different businesses and the people who run them.
- Growth. You will be trained, mentored, and coached, then given opportunities to learn “on the job” by doing work for our amazing customers. Current and past clients include Olympic athletes, A-list influencers, top-tier eCommerce brands, and a long list of local heroes.
- Flexibility. You’ll be able to work from home and keep your own schedule for the most part, while still enjoying structure and regular in-person meetups with the team.
- Impact. As a member of a small team, you’ll have an outsized opportunity to have your voice heard and to impact the trajectory of the company.
- Purpose. You will have a measurable impact on the organizations and lives of our customers. You will help us make the Internet a better place every single day.
Job Description & Responsibilities
As a WordPress Designer at Skyhook, you’ll be responsible for designing beautiful, high-performance websites. Specifically, your job responsibilities will include:
- Gathering and analyzing client design requirements
- Developing overall creative vision and visual styles for individual website projects
- Interpreting low-fidelity wireframes into beautiful, high-quality designs
- Confidently and persuasively presenting design deliverables to Clients
- Collaborating with Architects, Copywriters, Developers, Project Managers, and Clients to gather feedback and refine design deliverables
- Building websites in WordPress using web-based page building tools (e.g. Elementor)
- A good fit with our culture, and lives by our core values:
- Think: Smart with an almost academic interest in learning & growing
- Move: A bias for action and hustle
- Own: Open to feedback, highly self-aware
- Expertise designing usable, responsive digital deliverables in industry-standard software, (XD, Sketch, or Figma), including comfort exporting assets for the web
- Experience building small, medium and large-scale websites using web-based page building tools (e.g. Elementor)
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a thoughtful approach and established UI/UX skills
- Basic understanding of HTML, JS, and CSS
- Experience working with WordPress (our platform of choice)
- Passion for new technology and human psychology
- High attention to detail
- Strong verbal communication skills
- The ability to work on deadlines and perform under pressure
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience developing UX/architecture designs (sitemaps, wireframes)
- Experience developing content strategy
- Strong knowledge of front-end development languages
- Understanding/familiarity of standard analytics/testing platforms for web properties (Google Analytics, etc.)
- 4+ years of previous website graphic design experience, with at least 2 of them being at an agency
Compensation & Benefits
Making sure you’re well compensated for the support you give us is one of our top priorities. Typical benefits packages include:
- Competitive salary
- A share in the profits when the company does well
- Employer-paid health insurance plan, with access to vision and dental insurance as well
- 401k/Retirement plan options with 4% company match
- Generous Flex and PTO policies, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s
- Career mentoring & coaching from seasoned professionals
- Company-issued top-of-the-line hardware
- Regular team builders, dinners, funtivities, volunteer opportunities, retreats, and other community-building initiatives
Similar job posting
In addition to this mid-level job posting, we’re also looking for a Senior Digital Art Director. We encourage you to check out that job description if you think it might be a better fit for you.
Skyhook is a growing, fast-paced website development agency that provides high-end site strategy and technical implementation for organizations across the country. Current and past clients include national brands like AT&T, NFL, American Express, LifeLock and Subway, as well as local stars like Arizona State University, Banner Health, City of Phoenix, Pink Jeep Tours, and more.
Our team consists of a dozen talented marketing professionals—including designers, developers and project managers—who are passionate about using the Internet to help businesses grow and are eager to enhance their expertise through constant learning. We are mission-driven to make the Internet (and the world) a better place by pushing the limits of website performance. We’re working hard to build sites that are more creative, higher converting, better ranking, easier to maintain, and more fun to build.
How To Land The Job
- Write us a note, and answer a few questions about yourself using this application form. Bonus points for including an introductory video.
- Impress us during a short series of culture/skill interviews and evaluations
- Write your grandma a letter (optional, but kind) and wait for the congratulatory phone call.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.