Who we’re looking for
Skyhook Interactive is looking for a Senior Digital Art Director to join our award-winning design team and lead our digital UX/UI efforts.
The Art Director will create impressive experiences for our client’s high-performance digital properties. They will provide vision and leadership as the company continues to raise its creative ambitions. And they will provide guidance to a growing team of contract designers to maintain a high level of quality for client work.
Candidates must demonstrate a strong portfolio of design work, a solid understanding of layout, typography and storytelling techniques, and a smart UX sensibility.
Candidates must have experience designing for all device sizes. Broad experience and expertise working with video, audio, animation, etc is a plus. Original, flexible, critical thinkers who communicate and collaborate well will thrive.
In short, at Skyhook you’ll design beautiful, high-performance web properties.
- A good fit with our culture, and lives by our core values: Think, Move, Own.
- Expertise designing usable, responsive digital deliverables in industry-standard software (Sketch preferred, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a thoughtful approach and established UI/UX skills
- Basic understanding of HTML, JS, and CSS
- Passion for new technology and human psychology
- High attention to detail
- The ability to work on deadlines and perform under pressure
Nice to haves:
- Above average knowledge of front-end development languages
- Previous agency experience
- Experience working with WordPress (our platform of choice)
- Understanding/familiarity with standard analytics and testing platforms for web properties (Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Optimizely, etc.)
What Sets Skyhook Apart
- We’re building a better Internet. We are mission-driven to make the Internet (and the world) a better place by pushing the limits of website performance. We’re working hard to build sites that are more creative, higher converting, better ranking, easier to maintain, and more fun to build.
- Family-friendly, flexible environment. Most of us have families, and that means a clean environment, flexible work hours, and supportive coworkers.
- Open vacation policy. We don’t track PTO, and as long as the work is getting done, we’re extremely generous with our time off approvals. We also shut the office down on/around major holidays, including the entire week between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Health insurance. We provide all employees with competitive health insurance and access to health/dental/vision plans for the employee and their family.
- 401k. We match up to 4% of employee contributions to our 401k plan.
- Profit-sharing. When performance targets are met, we share a significant percentage of the profits our company generates with all employees each quarter.
- Hardware & software. We’ll supply you with top-of-the-line creative hardware and software when you start, and we’ll buy you new stuff every three years.
- Exciting projects & clients. We’re selective in our business development processes, actively seeking clients and projects that meet our standards for culture, size/impact, and challenge.
- Team & culture. We’ve worked hard to carefully select managers and team members who are smart, thoughtful, and action-oriented. You will love your coworkers.
How to land the job
- Write us a note, and answer a few questions about yourself using this handy form. Bonus points for including an introductory video.
- Impress us during a few in-person culture/skill interviews.
- Engage in a paid “test” project to get a feel for how we work together.
About Skyhook Internet Marketing
Skyhook is a growing, fast-paced digital design agency based in Mesa, Arizona, that provides smart site strategy and technical implementation for organizations across the country. Our team currently consists of 12 talented marketing professionals—including designers, developers and account managers—who are passionate about using the Internet to help businesses grow and are eager to enhance their expertise through constant learning.