Position: WordPress Technician
Location: Phoenix, AZ (Work From Home)
Skyhook Interactive is one of Arizona’s leading boutique website development firms and was recently named one of the Top 50 “Best Places To Work” by the Phoenix Business Journal. We’re looking for a full-time, work-from-home WordPress Technician to join our growing team.
What Makes This Job Great
- Team. You will LOVE your co-workers! Skyhook works hard to recruit & retain team members who are humble, hungry and smart, and to maintain an environment that is positive and fun. This team will bring out the best in you.
- Variety. You’ll be involved in working on dozens of websites each year, giving you remarkable exposure to lots of different businesses and the people who run them.
- Growth. You will be trained, mentored, and coached, then given opportunities to learn “on the job” by doing work for our amazing customers. Current and past clients include Olympic athletes, A-list influencers, top-tier eCommerce brands, and a long list of local heroes.
- Flexibility. You’ll be able to work from home and keep your own schedule for the most part, while still enjoying structure and regular in-person meetups with the team.
- Impact. As a member of a small team, you’ll have an outsized opportunity to have your voice heard and to impact the trajectory of the company.
- Purpose. You will have a measurable impact on the organizations and lives of our customers. You will help us make the Internet a better place every single day.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working directly with the Support Managers to complete incoming ticket requests
- Participating in ticket discovery meetings with Support Managers and clients to identify needs
- Architecting, quoting, and implementing client website feature requests
- Troubleshooting/fixing escalated client website issues
- Performing PageSpeed, ADA Compliance, and Security audits as well as implementing improvements to meet client standards
- Performing WordPress updates and site maintenance for our more complex client sites
- Helping to improve support team and company-wide processes
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent WordPress Skills (at least “advanced,” if not “expert.” You are confident working with hooks & filters and code snippets, and know-how WordPress “thinks”)
- Experience with GIT
- Ability to convert layouts from design apps such as Adobe XD or Sketch into fully functioning WordPress based pages or components
- Ability to migrate/move a WordPress website from one server to another
- High attention to detail
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Positive energy and enthusiasm
- Work well in a team environment
- Work within deadlines and budgets, and perform under pressure
- Excellent organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize multiple tasks or requests
- Collaborate, apply critical thinking skills, and communicate effectively
- A good fit with our culture, and lives by our core values:
- Think: Smart with an almost academic interest in learning & growing
- Move: A bias for action and hustle
- Own: Open to feedback, highly self-aware, accountable
- Familiarity with business ops suites and collaboration tools (Gmail, Slack, Asana)
- Experience with WP Engine hosting platform
- Experience with Manage WP
- Experience with Laravel, Vue.js, and Blade templates
- Experience with PHPStorm, npm/yarn, Webpack, WP-CLI and similar tools
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Familiarity with Advanced Custom Fields and Gravity Forms
- Experience with Web-based server administration software (cPanel, Plesk, etc.)
- Working knowledge of DNS and SSL
- Comfortable with the terminal/command line
- Freelance experience with customer-facing projects would be fantastic
Compensation & Benefits
Making sure you’re well compensated for the support you give us is one of our top priorities. Typical benefits packages include:
- Competitive salary
- A share in the profits when the company does well
- Employer-paid health insurance plan, with access to vision and dental insurance as well
- 401k/Retirement plan options with 4% company match
- Generous Flex and PTO policies, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s
- Career mentoring & coaching from seasoned professionals
- Company-issued top-of-the-line hardware
- Regular team builders, dinners, funtivities, volunteer opportunities, retreats, and other community-building initiatives
Skyhook is a growing, fast-paced website development agency that provides high-end site strategy and technical implementation for organizations across the country. Current and past clients include national brands like AT&T, NFL, American Express, LifeLock and Subway, as well as local stars like Arizona State University, Banner Health, City of Phoenix, Pink Jeep Tours, and more.
Our team consists of a dozen talented marketing professionals—including designers, developers and project managers—who are passionate about using the Internet to help businesses grow and are eager to enhance their expertise through constant learning. We are mission-driven to make the Internet (and the world) a better place by pushing the limits of website performance. We’re working hard to build sites that are more creative, higher converting, better ranking, easier to maintain, and more fun to build.
How To Land The Job
- Express your interest and tell us a little bit about yourself by filling out this application form. Bonus points for including an introductory video.
- Impress us during a couple of rounds of interviewing to assess your skills and cultural fit
- Write your grandma a letter (optional, but kind) and wait for the congratulatory phone call.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.