Position: Junior Interactive Project Manager
Location: Phoenix, AZ (Work From Home)
Compensation: $45-60k depending on experience
Skyhook Interactive is one of Arizona’s leading boutique website development firms, and was recently named one of the Top 50 “Best Places To Work” by the Phoenix Business Journal. We’re looking for full-time, work-from-home Junior Interactive Project Managers to join our growing team.
What others have loved about this job:
- Variety. You’ll be involved in building dozens of websites each year, giving you remarkable exposure to lots of different businesses and the people who run them.
- Growth. You’ll work under the direction of highly seasoned technical, creative, and project management, which will provide you with tremendous career growth opportunity.
- Challenge. Among a long list of local heroes, current and past clients also include olympic athletes, A-list influencers, and top-tier eCommerce brands
- People. We work hard to recruit & retain team members who are thoughtful, action-oriented, and who keep their ego in check. This goes for the clients we choose to work with as well. You will love the people you work with.
- Flexibility. You’ll be able to work from home and keep your own schedule for the most part, while still enjoying regular in-person meetups with the team
- Impact. As a member of a small team, you’ll have an outsized opportunity to have your voice heard and to impact the trajectory of the company.
Job Description & Responsibilities
At Skyhook, an Interactive Project Manager is the liaison between our clients and the project team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving website design and development projects forward from inception to launch.
- Gathering and analyzing client requirements
- Leading the strategy and design teams to create a plan that meets those requirements
- Coordinating timelines, status meetings, and tasks with the client
- Confidently leading client-facing and internal meetings
- Leading the team’s efforts to implement the project in a timely and profitable way
- Raising the bar on the quality of work produced
- Reporting on status of work to management
- Delivering the finished product to the client
- Working to ensure client satisfaction while balancing profitability
- Supporting the client relationship post-launch and in subsequent projects
- Working with other project managers and the operations team to streamline and improve processes
- A good fit with our culture, and lives by our core values:
- Think: Smart with an almost academic interest in learning & growing
- Move: A bias for action and hustle
- Own: Open to feedback, highly self-aware
- Ability to ascertain and deliver on client goals & targets
- Polite but assertive – able to take charge and drive progress
- Leads and steers with confidence, adding value to client and internal meetings
- Strong relationship building skills
- Organized and highly attentive to detail, following established project processes
- Able to juggle multiple projects, work within deadlines and budgets and perform under pressure
- Able to manage a project scope of work and maintain profitability
- Strategic, marketing-oriented thinker with a generalized business understanding
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Experience managing creative and technical resources
- Experience working with WordPress (our platform of choice)
- Strong background in interactive web development (Basic understanding of HTML, JS, CSS, PHP and MySQL, web infrastructure)
- Familiarity with website project management
NICE TO HAVE:
- Strong knowledge of front-end development languages
- Understanding/familiarity of standard analytics/testing platforms for web properties (Google Analytics, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of wireframing/site architecture tools & processes
- Experience estimating interactive design and development projects
- Previous website project management and/or agency experience
Similar job posting
In addition to this junior job posting, we’re also looking for a Senior Interactive Project Manager. We encourage you to check out that job description if you think it might be a better fit for you.
Compensation & Benefits
Benefits include competitive pay, an amazing culture, employee-centric programs, and great technology. Specifically:
- Total compensation of $45 – 60k annually, depending on experience.
- A share in the profits when the company does well
- Employer-paid health insurance plan, with access to vision and dental insurance as well
- 401k/Retirement plan options with 4% company match
- Very flexible PTO policy, including shutting down the office between Christmas and New Year’s
- Company-issued MacBook Pro
- Fun, open, and flexible work environment with amazing co-workers
Skyhook is a growing, fast-paced website development agency that provides high-end site strategy and technical implementation for organizations across the country. Current and past clients include national brands like AT&T, NFL, American Express, LifeLock and Subway, as well as local stars like Arizona State University, Banner Health, City of Phoenix, Pink Jeep Tours, and more.
Our team consists of a dozen talented marketing professionals—including designers, developers and project managers—who are passionate about using the Internet to help businesses grow and are eager to enhance their expertise through constant learning. We are mission-driven to make the Internet (and the world) a better place by pushing the limits of website performance. We’re working hard to build sites that are more creative, higher converting, better ranking, easier to maintain, and more fun to build.
How To Land The Job
- Write us a note, and answer a few questions about yourself using this application form. Bonus points for including an introductory video.
- Impress us during an in-person culture/skill interview
- Write your grandma a letter (optional, but kind) and wait for the congratulatory phone call.